Become a Driving Instructor Harrogate
Become a Driving Instructor with Learn Driving UK in Harrogate
Learn Driving UK (LDUK) is based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. The family-run business is always looking for ambitious, caring individuals to train and join our highly acclaimed team of driving instructors in Harrogate.
Phil Hirst is a co-director and LDUK’s principal ORDIT Driving Instructor Trainer. His 25 years’ experience of training driving instructors in Harrogate and surrounding areas means you have the best chance of qualifying quickly and efficiently as a driving instructor and then operating effectively to teach LDUK’s student drivers.
Learn Driving UK provides you with all the training resources needed to help you pass the Part One Theory Test,(we offer an online e-learning course or a Study Guide) which is taken in Harrogate. Your driving instructor training is carried out in our Learn Driving UK vehicle and your test taken in Horsforth, Leeds. Your Part Three Instruction training is completed in the Harrogate area.
On completion of your training you can work as a trainee driving instructor in Harrogate for up to six months to gain real – life experience with student drivers prior to taking the final qualifying test (Part Three) in Knaresborough and Harrogate. We will support you every step of the way, and upon completion of your course.
There are no hidden costs with Learn Driving UK
We guarantee you a position as a Driving Instructor in Harrogate with Learn Driving UK once qualified. You will benefit from full support, and personal development when you really need it – during training and in your first year or two as an instructor. Go to our ‘Qualifying as a Driving Instructor’ Page for more information.
What is ORDIT?
ORDIT is the Official Register of Driving Instructor Training. It is administered by DVSA. DVSA is trying to raise the standards of driving instructor training and will only approve training from ORDIT trainers and organisations.
Not all driving instructor trainers are ORDIT-registered. They do not have to be as the ORDIT register is voluntary not mandatory, at present.
Why should you choose to train with an ORDIT-registered trainer?
To become ORDIT-registered, a trainer must:
- Sign to agree to be bound by the ORDIT Code of Practice covering the advertising and selling of instructor training services and customer care
- Have their training delivery assessed on a regular basis by DVSA and reach an extremely high standard
- Submit training logs and records for inspection
- Pay for this service (which is a voluntary scheme, at present)
- DVSA only recommend and promote trainers on the ORDIT register
Am I an ORDIT-registered trainer?
Yes! I have been on the ORDIT register since its inception in 1998
What Attracts People to Become Driving Instructors?
Freedom – Job Satisfaction – Diary Control – Teach a Life Skill – Work/Life Balance
Most people that come into the driver trainer industry are looking for a lifestyle change. They may have become disillusioned with their current job and would like to take more control of their lives and choose the days and hours they work.
It could be that they are looking for a job that is more rewarding and will give a high level of personal and professional satisfaction. This could be you!
It could be that they are at a time of life where they are looking for a fresh start, a different career, a new challenge and to spend more time with their family.
The huge attraction is that with some personal motivation and quality training, almost anyone can do this job.
So, what exactly are the benefits of becoming a Driving Instructor?
- You get to choose the days you work.
- You get to choose your start and finish times.
- You are free to work the hours that suit your needs.
- You will be your own boss and you will be working for yourself, with the backing of a well-established driving school behind you.
- Training someone to pass their driving test, an important life skill, is one of the most rewarding things you can do.
- You can take holidays whenever you choose and won’t have to request permission.
- A brand-new car of your choice (every year if you like).
- Use of the car for work and pleasure.
- Your car and all its running costs will be paid for by your customers.
- Significant tax advantages are evident as a self-employed person.
- With Learn Driving UK, though self-employed, you can work as part of a team and receive regular professional development.
Would you like to attend an interview to learn more about training and working with LDUK?
To book your interview, fill in the form below and Phil will contact you.